Time & Location
About the Event
The Call Out docuseries program is a platform for The Black community; Welcome to the first season.
This programming examines special topics that are ignored or seen as taboo within Black culture. Each episode brings new featured guests and special segments. During the series, we hear the perspectives of community members, academics, essential workers, families of those who affected, friends, and of course... the people experiencing adversity themselves. Those who know nothing about the special topics are welcomed to learn. The Call Out is open to all in our community. No dress code or additional preparation is necessary - come as you are, and bring your most authentic self. Your authentic voice will not be politically corrected or translated. The Call Out - 4th Edition special topic: #BlackMentalHealth
What are the realities of mental health-ing, while Black? How has COVID19 impacted that? What are the intersections of mental health within our community? Our guests will examine how Home Life (parenting, culture, etc), School, Being in the Streets, Sex Work, Abuse, and Religion have all impacted mental health in the Black community, and how to rise above life's adversities.
Interested in watching the conversation live during the show? Get an admissions ticket to watch the show live!
100% of ticket proceeds go towards supporting virtual programming for future episodes
Interested in joining the conversation as a participant or featured guest? Register to join a program segment by visiting tvocnetwork.com/programs!
The Call Out series is accepting registrations for the following program segments:
- Callout Corner: where's the party at? Callout Corner takes you on a ride to different social events and gatherings that contribute to Black culture. Whether the event is a virtual concert, a sound clash, poetry jam, business launch, academic conference, or wedding! Look out for the Call Out crew in our section of the event!
- Path Ways: Set out on a journey alongside our featured guest. Path Ways asks guests the deep questions about who they are, what they do, and why they do it. It's a mini-autobiography for both trendsetters and regular Joe's living within our community. Get to have your say, your way.
- Truth Booth: Ready to say what's on your mind? Have your voice heard in the Truth Booth. Members have the opportunity to publicly or anonymously deliver a speech, advertise a product, get a message to someone across, speak individually with The Call Out staff, or show a talent. Promote your business, address a challenge in the city, speak on this episode's special topic, or just say whatever is on their mind!
- Waiting Room: The Waiting Room is all about coming together as a community. Kick back and converse with The Call Out crew about taboo topics. Engage in conversation with family, friends, and other minds within your very own community. Rated M for Mature.
- Virtual Audience - Regular$1Canadian T included$1Canadian T included0$0
- Virtual Audience - Youth$0$00$0
- Virtual Audience - VIP Member$25Canadian T included$25Canadian T included0$0
- Sold OutStage Audience - VIP Member$50Canadian T included$50Canadian T included0$0