The Call Out: Impacts of Incarceration
Time & Location
About the Event
The Call Out is a platform for The Black community. At each film shoot, we come together to discuss the topics commonly viewed as taboo or ignored by our people. The featured topic for this edition is: Impacts of Incarceration.
How does incarceration affect the Black community? During this convo, we will be hearing the perspectives of community members, academics, social workers, families of incarcerated people, friends, and of course... the people who have been locked up themselves. Even those who know nothing on the subject are welcome to learn.
We have two segments:
- The Waiting Room program is where you can kick back and converse with our hosts, your friends, and people from our community. You can join the convo as a participant, or you can watch the conversation live from our stage audience without having to say a word. Participating guests and youth ages 17 and under receive free entry.
- The Truth Booth program is where you can speak with our hosts one on one- publicly or anonymously. Promote your business, address a challenge in the city, speak on the featured topic, or just talk your truth, the choice is yours.
This film shoot is open to all in our community. No dress code or additional preparation is necessary - come as you are, and bring your most authentic self.
It doesn't matter how you do it - but the time to do it is now. Your opinions will be cherished, valued, and appreciated. Your authentic voice will not be politically corrected or translated.
- Sold OutStage Audience - Regular$20$200$0
- Sold OutStage Audience - Advanced$10$100$0
- Sold OutStage Audience - 17 & Under$0$00$0
- Participant - Waiting List$0$00$0